Instructor: Jared Eichten
Course: Building Trades
Pine City High School
This course is designed to analyze each of the trades in construction. These trades are carpentry, plumbing, heating, masonry, electrical, cabinetry, and finish work. There will be paper work and projects related to each of the trades. Examples of projects that could be built are dog houses, box deer stands, sheds/fish houses, cabinets, ice fishing pole holders made from plumbing materials, decorative concrete pavers, wiring projects, and maintenance on school sheds and buildings. The student will be responsible for reimbursement of moneys to the school for project materials.
Class Procedures -
- Students will be expected to bring a pencil, paper, and folder to every class session.
- Students will be expected to follow all class rules.
- Students will be expected to conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner during class and lab time.
- Students will treat others with respect and dignity.
- Students will be expected to use their class and lab time productively.
- Students will be expected to be responsible for getting their assignments turned in on time, and pick up their own make up work.
- Students are expected to be responsible for their own grade.
Exams and Quizzes -
There will be exams/quizzes pertaining to the topics we discuss and work with in class. Points are not weighted in this class, and your grade will be determined by a collaboration of lab and exam points.
Evaluation and Grading -
- A 93% - 100%
- A- 90% - 92%
- B+ 87% - 89%
- B 83% - 86%
- B- 80% - 82%
- C+ 77% - 79%
- C 73% - 76%
- C- 70% - 72%
- D+ 67% - 69%
- D 63% - 66%
- D- 60% - 62%
- F below 60%